Tuesday 20 January 2015

WIP update 20/01/15

Things have got a bit cloudy between me and the matey, when I took a closer look at his mug...

Let's just say it started okay and then went horribly wrong when I got to the eyes. He never been the same since :(








It must be tough indeed to sculpt good eyes at this scale, but thats no reason to leave me with two needlepin holes to paint on... 
He's gonna see the showcase someday anyway but the face war and subsequent fixing session got me a bit frustrated with him for now.
So that's when when I remenbered that's the reason why I keep more than one ongoing project :D

So space girl is in the early stages, all basecoats, don't tell me to amp the contrast just yet.
Not sure where the color came from but that scheme kinda painted itself ;)

Now marvel at Poupée's incredible sculpting finesse, also the cast was really well made for metal, so props to CMON miniatures for that.



I had some tribulations with a 8yo bottle of Gold Yellow doing some funky stuff, but nothing that cant be fixed easily at this stage.

Either way, I win


And, to keep the ongoing trilogy of project going, I getting this fella ready for the big game, he will make for a nice and simple side project, singlepiece, ho, joy!

Thanks for watching


By the way, if anyone has a clue what species this guy might be, lemme know ( All I know is he's WOC and old.)

No comments:

Post a Comment