Tuesday 27 January 2015

WIP update 27/01/15

Always biting up more than I can chew, I got somewhat carried away with the transparent-yellow Idea. While transparency effect is something I tried before, the case with yellow is quite different.
So lack of planning and a fairly improvisationnal approach left me with unsatisfying result, a very overworked surface and a lot of redundant steps... well, this is the color she is now, I moved on to shading the orange power-armor material and keep all options open for the yellow part, including resurfacing ( Which in my book sounds a lot like losing.) Not being too result-oriented I'd mention that I found the whole thing very formative.





On a side note, the orange shading was done mainly with wet-on-wet techniques, which is a first in my case. I'm happy to be unblocking on that front, as a good wet-on-wet technique will help a lot towards churning out more than one completed project every othe month or so.

Though I'm finding little dedicated painting time for the serious painting of late, I still manage to progress on the little, less involving stuf, so, en rafale, some sketching of over-the-top directionnal lighting, a sail, a big cat and a pretty rough base for the lady in orange.

Thanks for watching.





No comments:

Post a Comment